Monday, January 13, 2014

REVIEW - Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade!

 "Waterproof brow color ideal for sculpting, defining, and carving perfectly precise brows that won't fade. Smudge-free, creamy formula glides on skin and adheres to hair." -Anastasia Beverly Hills 

Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) is well known for providing makeup lovers with amazing brow products, and the new Dipbrow Pomade is no exception. I have been eyeing mousse/gel type brow products for awhile now, specifically Tarte's emphasEYES amazonian clay brow mousse, but kept shying away from making the purchase. One of the main reasons I held off on the Tarte product specifically was the high price of 28 USD…and boy am I glad I did!



As soon I saw the announcement for the Dipbrow Pomade I immediately knew I was going to have to try it out. The swatches provided on social media looked so amazing and every beauty guru was raving about it. I ordered mine the day it was released on the ABH website. This product cost a mere 18 USD - 10$ cheaper than Tarte! Even better than the 10$ difference is that I ordered mine on Cyber Monday, so I saved 20% on the purchase and received free shipping! I only bought two colors, ebony and chocolate,  to start out with - just in case I ended up not loving them.


On the left is the color Ebony which is a beautiful dark brown color, and on the right is the color Chocolate which is a mid-tone brown. As you can see, I use ebony way more than I do chocolate. I wish I would have purchased the color dark brown instead of chocolate, because sometimes I do like my brows to be a bit lighter. However, chocolate is more light brown than I prefer my brows to be.


Here is just a quick swatch I did on my arm to show the colors. The left is Ebony, and the right is Chocolate. Trust me when I tell you that after it set on my arm, I tried so hard to get some to transfer on to my fingers but the color didn't move at all.

So lets get down to it. This product actually does everything that it promises to. I was worried at first about the application, but it is so easy and doesn't take much time at all. Dipbrow Pomade will make your brows look so fierce and sculpted like you spent half an hour slaving away on them -- even though you will have only spent maybe ten minutes!  You have roughly 5 minutes to play around with the product on your brow before it sets completely. Once it's set this product will not budge one bit. I promise, this is a gift from the heavens! No matter what my day brings to me, when I wear this product, my brows look as good at the end of the day as they did right after application. A little bit of product goes a long way, which is great because that means this product will last a long time! I was also pleasantly surprised with how much product was in the jar when I opened the box.


Here is my before and after using the Dipbrow Pomade in the shade Ebony. You can see how this product shapes and fills in the brow beautifully while retaining a natural appearance. After application this product doesn't feel hard on your face or anything - it is almost like you haven't applied any product at all! To apply the product I use a very old eyeliner/eyebrow brush from Mary Kay Cosmetics, which is just a small angle brush similar to the Mac 266. I still set my brow hairs in place with a brow gel afterwards because the hairs will move around a tiny bit without it.

THE BOTTOM LINE: I have nothing bad to say about this product. The color and pigmentation is fantastic, I love the texture, it stays put all day, and it is easy to apply&remove! I am even in love with the packaging. For 18 USD you get a good amount of product and a great way to fill in and shape your brows. I definitely say this product is a must try!


cheers! xox

3 comments:

  1. Can you post some pics of the brushes you use? What is brow gel? (post a pic?) Where do you get it? How much? ... Can't wait for videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anything for you :D I will put up a post this week all about brows and everything you need to know about doing them yourself! xox

      Delete
  2. tarte may be $10 more but it comes with a brush while dipbrow does not

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment with your thoughts, opinions, or ideas you would like to see in future posts! xox